Blog #5: Your PLN and Inclusion

Using the education examples provided, create a blog post on inclusion in a professional setting of your choice (business, education, manufacturing, engineering, law, policing, healthcare, etc) – reflect on how internal or external communication tools (email, social media, digital media) can play a role in helping you establish messaging and participation themes in that environment that are inclusive and diverse. Your blog post should address the reflective questions below:

This week we looked at the inclusivity in education systems. In the following blog, I will addressed this weeks assigned questions.

• How diverse is your existing PLN?

I would say my PLN is relatively diverse because of the variety of professors I have had throughout my undergraduate degree. I started in the Faculty of Science, transitioned in to pre-core of the Peter B. Gustavson business school and now I have decided to officially pursue a Political Science degree in the Faculty of Social Science. This is relative to my diverse PLN because due to an array of different professors with various expertise, I have had a unique educational experience thus far. I believe that my transitions between faculties has molded my educational journey in ways that people who have stayed in the same faculties have not.

• In your PLN, are you learning from a variety of voices or are you the loudest in the room?
  • Do you participate in a silo of information sharing (similar themes or wide-range of interests)?
  • How can you use a diverse PLN to broaden your views of inclusion?
  • What is the learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?
  • How has your thinking about inclusion and PLN evolved after reviewing the videos and readings?